Diabetes Agent > Diabetes Tools


What kind of doctor should treat my diabetes?

There’s no definitive answer to that question. You can find diabetes care providers that are family and/or general practitioners, endocrinologists (doctors that specialize in diabetes and other hormone-based disorders), osteopaths, and internal medicine specialists. Many people prefer to see an endocrinologist that specializes in diabetes care; however, factors such as bedside manner, communication, and diabetes care philosophy may also factor into your decision. A doctor that listens to his patients, stays up-to-date on the latest advances in diabetes management, and works closely with you to develop a diabetes care plan that fits your lifestyle is worth his weight in gold, no matter what the initials are that follow his name.

Source: http://www.bva-southtexas.org/Docs/diabetesfaq.htm »


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *